This is an except from The Ultimate Bodybuilding Cookbook, copyright 2016, by Kendall Lou Schmidt
MAKES 5 SERVINGS / PREP TIME: 15 MINUTES
Light and refreshing, with a sweet and tangy flavor that really hits the spot, this salad is unbelievably filling, considering how few calories are in each serving! Try it with the Turkey Satay Skewers.
Dairy-Free / Gluten-Free / Paleo / Vegan
2 seedless cucumbers
1 medium red onion
1 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
1⁄2 cup granulated stevia
1⁄2 cup rice vinegar
2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
1⁄2 cup unsalted roasted cashews, whole or chopped, divided (optional)
Time-saving tip: Divide the salad among five meal prep containers for a week’s worth of salad.
1. Slice the cucumber into thin rounds using a mandoline slicer, or knife.
2. Quarter the onion, and thinly slice with a mandoline slicer, or knife.
3. In a large bowl, toss the cucumber, onion, and cilantro.
4. In a small bowl, mix the stevia, vinegar, and lime juice until the stevia is dissolved.
5. Add the dressing to the salad, and toss to coat.
6. Divide the salad among five salad plates, garnish each with about 1 1⁄2 tablespoons of cashews (if using), and serve.