PROTEIN PINEAPPLE JELL-O DESSERT
This is an except from The Ultimate Bodybuilding Cookbook, copyright 2016, by Kendall Lou Schmidt
MAKES 6 1⁄2 CUPS
PREP TIME: 10 MINUTES, PLUS 4 HOURS TO CHILL
Shout out to my Nana Bea... her jello mold was one of my all time favorite childhood desserts and is also the inspiration to this healthy variation. This dessert has plenty of protein and just enough pineapple for a little pick-me-up. For extra post-workout carbs, top with some additional fresh pineapple.
Low Carb / Gluten-Free
2 cups nonfat Greek yogurt
3 scoops whey protein isolate, vanilla flavor
1 cup canned crushed pineapple in 100% pineapple juice, drained, plus more for serving, if desired
2 cups water
2 packets sugar free Jell-O, strawberry or lime flavor
Ingredient tip: Not all protein powders are created equal. Choose wisely to ensure the best texture and flavor.
1. In a large bowl, mix the yogurt, whey protein powder, and pineapple.
2. In a small microwaveable bowl, microwave the water for 5 minutes, or boil on the stove top. Immediately add the Jell-O, and stir until the powder is completely dissolved.
3. Stir the Jell-O into the yogurt mixture.
4. Refrigerate until solid, 4 hours and up to overnight. If you like, before refrigerating, transfer the mixture into a Jell-O mold that has been lightly coated with olive oil spray (this will add a slightly amount of fat). If using a mold, invert it, remove the center piece to release the Jell-O, and remove the lid.
5. Serve plain or topped with additional crushed pineapple (remember to add the extra calories to the total).