PROTEIN PUMPKIN-SPICE COOKIES
This is an except from The Ultimate Bodybuilding Cookbook, copyright 2016, by Kendall Lou Schmidt
MAKES 30 COOKIES
PREP TIME: 10 MINUTES / COOK TIME: 10 MINUTES
TOTAL TIME: 35 MINUTES
The delicious flavor of a pumpkin pie in a healthy protein powder based cookie. These cookies turn out delicious in just minutes.
Low Carb / Gluten-Free
3 scoops whey protein isolate powder, vanilla or cinnamon flavor
1 cup granulated stevia
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1⁄2 teaspoon ground allspice
1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
1 scoop casein protein powder, vanilla or cinnamon flavor
1⁄2 cup water
2 egg whites
1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
1 cup 100% pure canned pumpkin
Ingredient tip: Not all protein powders are created equal. Choose wisely to ensure the best texture and flavor.
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. In a large bowl, mix the whey, stevia, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, baking powder, and baking soda.
3. In a medium bowl, stir the casein and water well. Stir in the egg whites, coconut oil, and pumpkin.
4. Add the wet ingredients to the dry, and mix together.
5. Spoon the dough onto a lightly greased cookie sheet to form about 30 cookies.
6. Bake for 6 to 8 minutes. Cool completely, about 15 minutes, and then use a spatula to remove from the baking sheet.