SUGAR- AND GLUTEN-FREE PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES
This is an except from The Ultimate Bodybuilding Cookbook, copyright 2016, by Kendall Lou Schmidt
MAKES 16 COOKIES
PREP TIME: 10 MINUTES / COOK TIME: 10 MINUTES
Cookies and healthy fats in your diet? Yes! Of course, as with all healthy fats, they are nutrient-dense and have calories equivalent to the fats they provide, so watch your portions. You can add a serving of nuts, too, and not throw off your macros.
Dairy-Free / Low Carb / Gluten-Free / Paleo / Vegan
Ingredient tip: Use a natural peanut butter. The only ingredients should be dry-roasted peanuts and salt, if it is salted. Salted peanut butter will give a saltier cookie, unsalted a sweeter cookie.
1 egg white
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon milled flaxseed
1 cup natural creamy peanut butter
1 cup granulated stevia
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking sheet.
3. In a small bowl, mix the egg white, vanilla, and flaxseed. Set aside to rest.
4. If any oil has separated from the peanut butter, mix together until smooth. In a large bowl, mix the peanut butter and stevia. Add the egg white mixture, and mix until smooth with no visible stevia granules.
5. Scoop out about 1 tablespoon of dough, and roll it into a ball; you should have about 16 even balls. Place the balls on the prepared sheet. Using a fork, make a crosshatch by gently pressing down in one direction, then again in another, making the crisscross pattern.
6. Bake for 8 to 12 minutes. Less time will give a softer cookie, more time will give a crispier cookie.
7. Cool for a few minutes before removing the cookies from the baking sheet and serving.